Does A Video About My Organization Attract Job Seekers?
Lights. Action. Camera!
Does the idea of posting a video to attract candidates seem appealing? Have you always thought of yourself as a Cecile B. DeMille or Martin Scorsese just waiting for your moment behind the movie camera?
Using video to enhance your “employer brand” and catch the eye of job seekers has grown in popularity. But before you start hiring script writers, gaffers and best boys to produce your own version of a Hollywood extravaganza, consider what it takes to make this work.
Do You Have Something Truly Interesting To Say?
The best examples of videos that promote employers tend to be simple, short and sweet. It isn’t necessary to make half hour productions when a few minutes or so of edited material will do the trick.
What you must make sure of, however, is that you make those precious few minutes count. The finished video has to resonate with job seekers.
You can, of course, produce more than a single video if you’d like to. Here are some areas that you could cover:
- Testimonials from your customers and suppliers that make you look great (or unique)
- Interviews with some of your employees who have a positive story to tell
- A compelling message from senior management or the owner
Whatever you elect to go with, keep it from being boring. Nothing turns off viewers faster than overly-rehearsed performances that seem forced, or long winded speeches from executives.
Are There Resources In-House to Produce An Acceptable Video?
For smaller employers, you certainly won’t need a big budget or professional actors. At this level you can pretty much do o.k. using a store-bought, inexpensive videocam. And if money’s really tight, see if you can borrow one from one of your employees.
The resolution (quality of the video) really should be in High Definition. So the videocam you use has to be capable of filming at a resolution of “Full 1080 HD” or better. That way you can upload your clips to YouTube or related sites, and have them play back nice and clear. A fuzzy picture takes away from your professional image.
If you’re worried that your final product will look clumsy or unpolished, you can have your video produced (or just edited) by a third-party production house. They can do everything from plan the videos, script them, shoot the actual scenes, edit the final product to your specifications, even load the completed clips online for you.
Three Common Types Of Employer Videos
Having a hard time thinking of what to shoot first? Why not begin with one or more of the following:
- Career Insider: Give job seekers a peek into a "day in the life" of a specific job.
- Company Snapshot: Spotlight your company and let seekers get to know you.
- Company Close-up: Differentiate your company with an in-depth profile. Highlight corporate culture, work environment, employee benefits and industry positioning.
How Monster.ca Can Help
Use Monster Video Profiles to increase the visibility of your ads and reach seekers more engagingly. Videos are seamlessly integrated into your Monster Job Postings and can also be simply linked from your own website. Some of the benefits?
- Show your company in action: Monster Video Profile transforms your job posting into an interactive ad for your company.
- Extend your employer brand: Job seekers get a chance to see employee interviews and on-site footage, giving them an insider's look at your company and people who work there.
- Cast a wider net: Your Video Profile will help them make informed decisions about your company and open positions and get candidates excited about working for your company.
- Get the star treatment: Each Canadian video is custom created by StreamLogics, a prominent producer of recruiting videos. They will work closely with you, from concept to completion, to capture the true essence of your company and to highlight the most compelling benefits of working within your culture.
You can provide your own video and use it on all your jobs or entrust the entire video production to Monster.ca. Either way, Monster is there to guide you at every step.