Secretary Job Description Sample
This secretary sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Secretary Job Responsibilities:
Enhances effectiveness by providing information management support.
Secretary Job Duties:
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Organizes work by reading and routing correspondence; collecting information; initiating telecommunications.
- Maintains department schedule by maintaining calendars for department personnel; arranging meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Completes requests by greeting customers, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Prepares reports by collecting information.
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Keeps equipment operational by following manufacturer instructions and established procedures.
- Secures information by completing database backups.
- Provides historical reference by utilizing filing and retrieval systems.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reading secretarial publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Secretary Skills and Qualifications:
Administrative Writing Skills, Reporting Skills, Supply Management, Scheduling, Microsoft Office Skills, Professionalism, Confidentiality, Organization, Travel Logistics, Typing, Verbal Communication
Discover Monster's TargetPost Office workers listing.
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Secretary Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Learn more about how to hire: