Accounting Director Job Description
This accounting director sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Accounting Director Job Responsibilities:
Supports organization financial objectives by providing financial analyses and recommendations; directing staff.
Accounting Director Job Duties:
- Accomplishes accounting human resource strategies by determining accountabilities; communicating and enforcing values, policies, and procedures; implementing recruitment, selection, orientation, training, coaching, counseling, disciplinary, and communication programs; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation strategies.
- Develops accounting organizational strategies by contributing accounting and financial information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Establishes accounting operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Provides financial projections by coordinating budget/forecast preparation; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial information; advising departments on the collection and analysis of data.
- Maintains sufficient funds by forecasting cash requirements and obligations.
- Minimizes legally required taxes by studying regulations; presenting tax strategies to management; filing returns.
- Maximizes sales margin by recommending product and service pricing policies.
- Minimizes inventory investment by analyzing turns; recommending inventory levels and reorder points.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes department and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Accounting Director Skills and Qualifications:
Staffing, Forecasting, Financial Planning and Strategy, Strategic Planning, Financial Diagnosis, Quality Management, Dealing with Complexity, Managing Processes, Reporting Research Results, Decision Making, Accounting
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Accounting Director Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Find out more about employee compensation: