Communications Supervisor-Hospital Job Description
This communications supervisor-hospital sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Communications Supervisor Hospital Job Responsibilities:
Provides communications services by supervising staff; organizing and monitoring communications work process.
Communications Supervisor Job Duties:
- Accomplishes communications human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Meets communications operational standards by contributing information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying system improvements.
- Meets communications financial standards by providing annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Monitors services by maintaining records for the communication center; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Provides physician answering services by receiving, forwarding, and recording operations.
- Facilitates inter- and intra-department telephone calls by maintaining telephone directories.
- Maintains beeper system by by compiling data, making changes.
- Responds to emergencies by activating emergency notification systems; dispatching helicopters; contacting cardiac, burn, trauma, and other special teams; notifying security, fire, and police; initiating disaster plan call list.
- Maintains the stability and reputation of the hospital by complying with, and influencing the development of, legal and accreditation requirements.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes communications and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Communications Supervisor Skills and Qualifications:
Communication Processes, Internal Communications, Developing Budgets, Supervision, Self-Motivated, Staffing, Process Improvement, Hospital Environment, Verbal Communication, Crisis Management, Desktop Publishing Skills
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Communications Supervisor Hospital Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Learn more and recruiting and hiring: