Radiology Supervisor Job Description
This radiology supervisor sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Radiology Supervisor Job Responsibilities:
Serves patients by providing radiology services; supervising staff.
Radiology Supervisor Job Duties:
- Provides radiology services by directing and coordinating the services of radiology and diagnostic imaging procedures; overseeing staff in operation of imaging equipment, such, as x-ray machines, fluoroscopes, computerized tomography (CT) scanners, or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) equipment.
- Accomplishes radiology human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Meets radiology operational standards by contributing information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and patient-service standards; resolving problems; identifying system improvements.
- Meets radiology financial standards by providing annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; recommending corrective actions.
- Supports patient care by resolving radiology issues with physicians, radiologists, radiology technologists, and ancillary staff; improving and maintaining quality assurance program for department functions.
- Improves quality results by evaluating accuracy and quality of images; providing technical assistance; implementing new techniques, equipment, and procedures.
- Provides statistical reports by controlling the collection of treatment and clinical data.
- Provides a safe environment by monitoring radioactive exposure of staff and patients; keeping staff and patients safe. controlling radium loading and handling techniques; maintaining radium records.
- Prepares students for technical responsibilities by coordinating clinical rotations and training for radiology technology students.
- Serves and protects the hospital community by ensuring adherence to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) standards.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances radiation oncology and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Radiology Supervisor Skills and Qualifications:
Clinical Research, Clinical Skills, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Hospital Environment, Verbal Communication, Informing Others, Analyzing Information , Supervision, Radiologic Technology, Use of Medical Technologies, Thoroughness
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Radiology Supervisor Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Learn more about how the hiring process: