Respiratory Therapy Services Director Job Description
This respiratory therapy services director sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Respiratory Therapy Services Director Job Responsibilities:
Provides respiratory therapy services by educating physicians and nurses; coaching respiratory students; conducting research; completing projects; educating the community; directing staff.
Respiratory Therapy Services Director Job Duties:
- Accomplishes respiratory therapy services human resource strategies by determining accountabilities; communicating and enforcing values, policies, and procedures; implementing recruitment, selection, orientation, training, coaching, counseling, disciplinary, and communication programs; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation strategies.
- Develops respiratory therapy services organizational strategies by contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Establishes respiratory therapy services operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Develops respiratory therapy services financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Prepares housestaff and nursing personnel by providing workshops on critical care medicine; observing participants' performance; developing housestaff and nursing orientation to respiratory care.
- Prepares respiratory therapy students for job responsibilities by providing educational opportunities; coordinating clinical rotations; observing student intern performance; recommending additional reading and practical learning opportunities.
- Completes clinical research on respiratory modalities in critical and non-critical care areas by monitoring protocols; helping staff evaluate protocols; analyzing results.
- Completes internal/external projects by serving on medical staff committees; serving on task force groups and committees; identifying and implementing new technology and resources; redesigning systems; re-deploying human resources.
- Maintains legal and accreditation compliance by developing policy positions concerning federal, state, and local regulations, and jacho standards; anticipating emerging issues.
- Updates respiratory therapy job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances respiratory therapy services and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Respiratory Therapy Services Director Skills and Qualifications:
Research Skills, Physiological Knowledge, Clinical Skills, Legal Compliance, Project Management, Self-Development, Respiratory Technology, Financial Planning and Strategy, Management Proficiency, Bedside Manner, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Respiratory Therapy Services Director Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Read more about how the hiring process: