This bookkeeper sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Bookkeeper Job Responsibilities:
A Bookkeeper maintains records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting transactions; ensure legal requirements compliance.
Bookkeeper Job Duties:
- Develops system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Maintains subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Balances subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries.
- Balances general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Bookkeeper Skills and Qualifications:
Developing Standards, Analyzing Information , Dealing with Complexity, Reporting Research Results, Data Entry Skills, Accounting, SFAS Rules, Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, Thoroughness
Ready to Find Candidates With Your Bookkeeper Job Description?
A bookkeeper plays a vital role in your business. From keeping your finances organized to ensuring that you’re in compliance, you need to make sure that you hire someone with the right skills and experience. The good news is that we can help. Find out how to get started by posting your next job for free.
Job Seeker? Search Bookkeeper Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Learn more about how to write a job description: