Construction Supervisor Job Description Template
This construction supervisor sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Construction Supervisor Job Responsibilities:
Completes construction projects by planning, organizing, and controlling projects; completing quality inspections; supervising sub-contractors and staff.
Construction Supervisor Job Duties:
- Accomplishes construction human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Manages sub-contractors by locating, evaluating, and selecting sub-contractors; monitoring and controlling performance.
- Meets operational standards by contributing construction information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying construction management system improvements.
- Meets construction budget by monitoring project expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions; providing non-project annual operating and capital budget information.
- Accomplishes construction project results by defining project purpose and scope; calculating resources required; establishing standards and protocols; allocating resources; scheduling and coordinating staff and sub-contractors; evaluating milestone assumptions and conclusions; resolving design problems; evaluating and implementing change orders.
- Approves construction projects by conducting inspections at critical phases; obtaining approvals from buyers.
- Prevents fines and interruptions by complying with, and enforcing, codes.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging construction practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Construction Supervisor Skills and Qualifications:
Project Management, Quality Management, Supervision, Managing Profitability, Delegation, Supply Management, ADA Requirements, Civil Project Management, Estimating, Attention to Detail, Quality Focus
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Construction Supervisor Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Learn more about how to hire: