Compliance Counsel Job Description
This compliance counsel sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Compliance Counsel Job Responsibilities:
Implements government and public affairs policies by interpreting new regulations and laws; keeping management informed; recommending strategies; managing staff.
Compliance Counsel Job Duties:
- Accomplishes corporate compliance human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieves corporate compliance operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets corporate compliance financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Interprets new regulations and laws by reviewing and analyzing proposed and adopted state legislation and regulations.
- Develops action plans by determining corporate positions; conducting research; developing strategies for complaints, investigations, and administrative proceedings.
- Recommends public policy strategies by keeping management, operational, and marketing areas informed on public policy issues.
- Represents the organization's interests by lobbying regulatory agencies through personal and staff visits; writing correspondence; forwarding position papers; attending public hearings; participating in national associations' discussions on public policy.
- Supports company positions by developing company responses and defenses to complaints, investigations, and administrative proceedings.
- Complies with legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising executive management team on needed actions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances corporate compliance and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Compliance Counsel Skills and Qualifications:
Objectivity, Strategic Planning, Persuasion, Employment Law, Anti-Trust Regulation, Legal Compliance, Supervision, Professionalism, Integrity
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Compliance Counsel Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Learn more about the hiring process: