Medical Records Clerk Job Description
This medical records clerk sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Medical Records Clerk Job Responsibilities:
Creates new medical records and retrieves existing medical records by gathering appropriate record folders and contents; assigning and recording new record numbers; verifying existing record numbers; inputting and recording locations to computer; delivering records.
Medical Records Clerk Job Duties:
- Gathers patient information by collecting demographic information from a variety of sources; interacting with registration areas and physicians' offices; retrieving information from automated printer.
- Maintains master patient index by completing assigned portion of daily audit trail; corrects and communicates problems according to established procedures.
- Initiates the medical record by creating and processing the patient care record folder.
- Maintains record availability by processing charts into the department; using chart mark-off procedures; facilitating chart location activities.
- Retrieves medical records by following chart-out procedures; documenting reasons charts cannot be retrieved for statistical and follow-up purposes.
- Delivers charts to assigned areas of the hospital by following established routing procedures.
- Keeps health care providers informed by communicating availability or unavailability of the record.
- Maintains quality results by following hospital standards.
- Maintains continuity of work operations by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains patient confidence by keeping patient records information confidential.
- Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and jcaho standards.
- Enhances medical records and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Medical Records Clerk Skills and Qualifications:
Time Management, Organization, Attention to Detail, Quality Focus, Professionalism, Productivity, Thoroughness, Coordination, Deadline-Oriented, Internal Communications, Reporting Skills
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Medical Records Clerk Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Find out more about how to hire: