Respiratory Care Supervisor Job Description
This respiratory care supervisor sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Respiratory Care Supervisor Job Responsibilities:
Provides respiratory care services by monitoring patients' conditions; keeping members of the health care team informed; providing life-sustaining services; educating the community; supervising staff.
Respiratory Care Supervisor Job Duties:
- Accomplishes respiratory therapy human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Meets respiratory therapy operational standards by contributing information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying system improvements.
- Meets respiratory therapy financial standards by providing annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Keeps members of the health care team apprised of patients' conditions by presenting respiratory treatment plans to physicians; gaining approval; rendering treatments; evaluating results.
- Reports the activities of the department and staff by identifying, collecting, and reporting relevant statistical data.
- Provides life-saving therapies by responding to code alerts; participating as a member of the
- Educates the community by participating in health-education projects.
- Maintains safe operation of respiratory care services equipment by adhering to governmental and hospital safety regulations; evaluating new equipment and techniques; maintaining inventory of equipment; providing regular preventive maintenance; making adjustments to equipment; troubleshooting malfunctions; arranging for repairs.
- Monitors quality of care by conducting weekly patient auditing and interviews; observing staff; tracking key indicators; analyzing quality assurance summary reports; participating on quality assurance committee.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Updates respiratory therapy job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Maintains legal and accreditation compliance by developing policy positions concerning federal, state, and local regulations, and jacho standards; anticipating emerging issues.
- Enhances respiratory therapy department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Respiratory Care Supervisor Skills and Qualifications:
Statistical Analysis, Informing Others, Tracking Budget Expenses, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Supervision, Respiratory Technology, Medical Teamwork, Quality Management, Bedside Manner, People Skills
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Respiratory Care Supervisor Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Find out more about how the hiring process: