Veterinarian Sample Job Description
This veterinarian sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job Job Duties and job requirements.
Veterinarian Job Responsibilities:
A veterinarian maintains animal health by diagnosing and treating diseases and injuries.
Veterinarian Job Duties:
- Determines nature of disease or injury by examining pets; examining large animals.
- Restores health by treating animals surgically or medically.
- Prevents rabies, burcellosis, and other disorders by testing animals; providing inoculations.
- Promotes health of animals by advising animal owners about sanitation measures, feeding, and general care.
- Documents actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and animal records; reporting diseases to public health officials.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances ventinary clinic reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments. Skills/Qualifications: Knowledge of Animal Behavior, Animal Husbandry, Basic Safety, Documentation Skills, Customer Service, Performing Diagnostic Procedures, Use of Medical Technologies, Job Knowledge, Judgment, Integrity, Verbal Communication
Veterinarian Skills and Qualifications:
Knowledge of Animal Behavior, Animal Husbandry, Basic Safety, Documentation Skills, Customer Service, Performing Diagnostic Procedures, Use of Medical Technologies, Job Knowledge, Judgment, Integrity, Verbal Communication
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Veterinarian Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Learn more about the hiring process: