Law Clerk Sample Job Description
This law clerk sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job Job Duties and job requirements.
Law Clerk Job Responsibilities:
A law clerk supports attorneys by assembling and organizing information for legal documents; researching law; assembling case materials; writing reports and memoranda.
Law Clerk Job Duties:
- Prepares legal drafts by assembling and organizing information for legal forms and documents, including complaints, declarations, discovery requests, responses, and other pleadings.
- Researches law by studying laws, statutes, constitutions, regulations, court opinions, including precedents and reasoning, and trends using standard print texts and computers; preparing legal memoranda.
- Assembles case materials by collecting, organizing, and summarizing information, documents, reports, and evidence.
- Prepares for trial by preparing trial briefs, exhibits, subpoenas, evidence, and motions.
- Maintains calendar by entering and updating requirements, court dates, and meetings.
- Protects law firm's reputation by keeping client information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in continuing educational opportunities; reading legal publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Enhances firm's reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments. Skills/Qualifications: Client Confidentiality, Client Contact Skills, Legal Administration Skills, Legal Compliance, Litigation, Administrative Writing Skills, Documentation Skills, Word Processing , Scheduling, Verbal Communication, Client Relationships
Law Clerk Skills and Qualifications:
Client Confidentiality, Client Contact Skills, Legal Administration Skills, Legal Compliance, Litigation, Administrative Writing Skills, Documentation Skills, Word Processing , Scheduling, Verbal Communication, Client Relationships
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Law Clerk Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Learn more about the hiring process: