Pathology Laboratory Aide Job Description
This pathology laboratory aide sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Pathology Laboratory Aide Job Responsibilities:
Supports pathology laboratory services by assisting pathologists with gross description and dissection of tissues removed at surgery and post-mortem examinations; maintaining instruments, equipment, and supplies; maintaining the morgue; providing assistance to funeral directors.
Pathology Laboratory Aide Job Duties:
- Assists pathologists by preparing materials; collecting, analyzing, and labeling surgical specimens; disposing of wastes; performing post-mortem examinations; disposing of limbs; transporting toxicology copies to the laboratory.
- Maintains morgue by autoclaving biohazard wastes and notifying housekeeping for disposal; inspecting and cleaning the morgue area, autopsy room, and refrigerated room; notifying housekeeping of special cleaning needs; cleaning the autoclave, and countertops and cabinets in the autoclave room; maintaining autoclave tapes; maintaining gurneys.
- Maintains pathology equipment, instrumentation, and morgue supplies by operating equipment according to manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting problems; performing preventive maintenance; maintaining spare parts inventory; arranging for repairs; sharpening instruments; maintaining supply inventory levels; completing and placing supply requisitions; restocking laboratory storeroom.
- Maintains wearing and protective apparel by arranging for laundering scrub suits and laboratory coats; cleaning protective aprons.
- Helps funeral directors by removing cadavers; ensuring proper identification; maintaining morgue log book and signatures.
- Maintains quality results by following and enforcing standards.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following asepses protocols; enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and jcaho standards.
- Enhances pathology department and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Pathology Laboratory Aide Skills and Qualifications:
Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Attention to Detail, Lab Environment, Hospital Environment, Analyzing Information , Equipment Maintenance, Informing Others, Self-Confidence, Thoroughness, Use of Medical Technologies, Performing Diagnostic Procedures
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Pathology Laboratory Aide Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Learn more about how to hire: