Physical Therapy Director Job Description
This physical therapy director sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Physcial Therapist Director Job Responsibilities:
Directs physical therapy services by developing strategic objectives; providing services; maintaining college of medicine and university liaison; directing staff.
Physcial Therapist Director Job Duties:
- Accomplishes physical therapy human resource strategies by determining accountabilities; communicating and enforcing values, policies, and procedures; implementing recruitment, selection, orientation, training, coaching, counseling, disciplinary, and communication programs; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation strategies.
- Develops physical therapy organizational strategies by contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Establishes physical therapy operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality, and patient-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Develops physical therapy financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Provides physical therapy services by evaluating patient care protocols; measuring outcomes; researching and evaluating emerging trends.
- Assures physical therapy quality services by establishing and maintaining departmental quality assurance program including monitoring of quality indicators, documenting actions taken to resolve problems, and reporting to the medical care evaluation committee in accordance with jacho standards.
- Provides academic and clinical experiences by maintaining liaison with the department of physical therapy, college of health related professions and its faculty; directing the clinical education program for physical therapy students; participating in classroom teaching as a guest lecturer.
- Promotes knowledge and utilization of physical therapy services by maintaining liaison with physicians in the college of medicine; establishing physical therapy policies, procedures, new programs and related services; responding to requests and identifying emerging issues.
- Maintains legal and accreditation compliance by developing policy positions concerning federal, state, and local regulations, and jacho standards; anticipating emerging issues.
- Enhances physical therapy medical center and university reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Physcial Therapist Director Skills and Qualifications:
Coaching, Financial Planning and Strategy, Decision Making, Process Improvement, Communication Processes, Training Management, Initiative, Legal Compliance, Managing Processes, Quality Management, Bedside Manner
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Physical Therapy Director Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Learn more about how to write a job description: