Public Auditor Job Description
This public auditor sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Public Auditor Job Responsibilities:
Ensures compliance with laws, rules, and regulations by planning and completing audits; identifying inadequate, inefficient, or ineffective management and accounting operation systems; recommending improvements.
Public Auditor Job Duties:
- Plans audits by understanding agency objectives, structure, policies, processes, and internal controls; establishing audit schedules.
- Assesses compliance by examining, analyzing, and verifying financial accounts, fixed assets and inventories, payrolls or cash accounts, grant program costs, records, reports, operating practices, documentation, and related instruments;
- Verifies information by comparing and analyzing items to documentation.
- Completes audit work papers by documenting audit tests and findings.
- Communicates audit progress and findings by providing information in status meetings; identifying discrepancies; preparing final audit reports.
- Improves compliance by recommending changes in management and accounting operation systems and control structure.
- Protects agency reputation by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications and new regulations.
- Contributes to team results by helping others accomplish related job results as and where needed.
Public Auditor Skills and Qualifications:
Audit, Accounting, Financial Planning and Strategy, Process Improvement, Reporting Research Results, Analyzing Information , Verbal Communication, Informing Others, Client Relationships, Problem Solving, Objectivity
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Public Auditor Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Learn more about how to hire: