[Intro Paragraph] Begin your bank teller job description with an introductory paragraph that tells prospective tellers a little bit about your bank and your unique working environment. Is yours a large, national bank or a local credit union? Just a few sentences calibrating your recruiting pitch to the ideal candidate will set your company apart from the competition.
Bank Teller Job Responsibilities:
- Serves customers by completing account transactions.
- Provides account services to customers by receiving deposits and loan payments, cashing cheques, issuing savings withdrawals, and recording night and mail deposits.
- Sells cashier’s cheques and traveler’s cheques.
- Answers questions in person or on telephone and refers customers to other bank services as necessary.
- Records transactions by logging cashier’s cheques, traveler’s cheques, and other special services; preparing currency transaction reports.
- Cross-sells bank products by answering inquiries, informing customers of new services and product promotions, ascertaining customers’ needs, and directing customers to a branch representative.
- Completes special requests by closing accounts, taking orders for cheques, opening and closing Christmas and vacation clubs, exchanging foreign currencies, completing safe-deposit box procedures, and providing special statements, copies, and referrals.
- Reconciles cash drawer by proving cash transactions, counting and packaging currency and coins.
- Reconciles loan coupons and other transactions.
- Maintains supply of cash and currency and turns in excess cash and mutilated currency to head teller.
- Complies with bank operations and security procedures by participating in all dual-control functions, maintaining customer traffic surveys, auditing other tellers’ currency, and assisting in certification of proof.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects bank operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] This is a great place to include details about your financial firm’s working hours and benefits. Tell prospective bank tellers about flexible hours or work-week structures, as well as any travel requirements. This section of your bank teller job description is a great place to highlight any benefits you bring to the table, like tuition or continuing education credits, commissions, or paid time off.
Bank Teller Qualifications / Skills:
- Customer service
- Attention to detail
- General math skills
- Verbal communication
- Selling to customer needs
- People skills
- Financial skills
- Financial software
- Documentation skills
Education, Experience, and Licencing Requirements:
- Secondary school diploma, or equivalent
- Six months consecutive customer service experience in financial services, retail sales, or a goal- oriented environment preferred
- Prior supervisory or management experience a plus
[Call to Action] Now you need to turn interested parties into actual applicants. The best bank teller job descriptions tell prospective candidates exactly how to apply with a well-crafted call to action. Give job seekers specific details on resume or application submissions to your HR department, or tell them to click the “apply” button at the top of this listing.
Find the Right Bank Teller for Your Needs
Now that you’ve written a bank teller job description that targets the right candidates, you can take your search for the best tellers to the next level. Get your listing in front of more top candidates, quickly, by posting your bank teller job ad on Monster at no charge.