Recruitment Advertising Tips for Success
When it comes to recruitment advertising, you want to make sure you’re in the right place at the right time with content that engages your target audience. Here are a few tips to keep in mind to get the best return on your investment.
Visually Appeal to Your Target Audience
Think carefully about your target audience and use creative images and text that are relevant and enticing.
Consider Using a Video
Video ads are often more engaging and can increase performance on media. It’s a great way to communicate a variety of messages instantly. Give a glimpse into your company culture, grab a few soundbites from your employees, take viewers on a whirlwind tour, etc. Monster just recommends keeping it to 30 seconds or less.
Build Your Employer Brand
Is your employer brand well known? If not, we have solutions to help you tell your story, and drive traffic to it! Think about how you want candidates to remember your company and what it means to work there.
Review Your Landing Pages & Job Application Flow
Is your job application flow cumbersome? Seekers will respond better to fewer clicks/steps to complete. Make sure it is mobile-enabled, as well, so that seekers can comfortably take action no matter what device they’re using.
Follow Job Ad Best Practices
Is the job description written well and with enough detail? Does it clearly define the required skills and experience? Will candidates get a good sense of your company culture and what’s in it for them? Take a look at Monster’s Job Ad Best Practices to learn more.
What Does Success Look Like?
Recruitment Ads Can:
- Increase reach to candidates
- Improve employer brand awareness
- Lead to increased actions such as job views, or visits to a career site
- Boost visibility of jobs, employer branding, or hiring events
- Capture share of voice (%) of an audience in a specific market
- Diversify your pool of applicants
- Tell your company story
- Drive traffic to a place where candidates can choose how to proceed
Recruitment Ads Cannot:
- Guarantee a specific number of applicants
- Drive a specific number of hires
- Directly impact the number of hiring event registrants/attendees
- Force candidates to take any specific actions once they click through the ad and reach the destination URL